Asian food always makes great inspiration for vegan recipes so I’m having a Throwback Thursday to a previous ramen dish. It’s quick (perfect for a post-parents evening), it’s delicious and the chilli has just the right amount of kick to see off the dregs of my cold.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 x carrot, peeled and sliced into fine matchsticks
- 1cm piece of ginger, peeled and sliced into fine matchsticks
- 2 x garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Small bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- Handful of baby leaf spinach
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 200g baby corn, chipped
- 1 x red chilli
- Handful of coriander, finely chopped
- 500ml veg stock
- 1 x tsp peanut butter
- 1 x tsp garam masala
- 200g tofu, cut into 1cm cubes, marinated in a good squirt of Sriracha hot chilli sauce
- 3 x nests wholewheat noodles, cooked according to pack instructions
Stir fry the broccoli, carrot, spring onions, ginger, baby corn, and chilli and with the garlic until cooked but still crunchy.
Spoon on top of the cooked noodles.
Stir-fry the mushrooms and wilt the spinach seperately. Arrange on the top of the noodle dish.
Add the garam masala and peanut butter to the veg stock, mix well and pour over the noodles and veg.
Stir-fry the tofu and sauce until cooked through and top the noodles with it. Garnish with chopped coriander, season with soy sauce and serve.