The kids have always loved Wagamama influenced noodle type dishes, such as Ramen style noodle soups. There is nothing quicker than a miso soup: perfect for a Monday night following work / school / ballet.
- 750ml water
- 2 tbsp miso paste, mixed with boiling water to dilute it
- 120g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x Savoy cabbage leaves, finely shredded
- 2 x tbsp edamame beans
- 200g tofu, pressed and cubed
- Small bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 2 x tsp sesame seeds
- 50g rice noodles
Bring the water to the boil in a large pan, add the mushrooms and edamame beans for a minute or two. Stir in the miso, add the noodles, tofu and shredded cabbage and cook for two minutes. Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion to serve.
*for a blast of heat try stir frying the tofu in Sriracha hot chilli sauce first