A stir fry always seems perfect for a Saturday night. It’s quick and easy after a busy day, yet still super fresh and nutritious. This recipe is packed full of protein, with tofu and sesame seeds (The Man also adds chicken to his). What’s more, the kids will eat it too.
Ingredients (serves 4-6):
- 400g tenderstem broccoli
- 400g tofu (preferably pressed for a few hours to squeeze out excess water), diced
- 500g mushrooms, sliced (I used a mixture of baby portobello, shiitake, oyster and woodland)
- 2 x tbsp sesame seeds
- A handful of coriander, finely chopped
For the sauce:
- 60ml / 4 x tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- thumbsized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 x garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x tbsp sesame oil
- 1 x tbsp rice wine
- 1 x tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Wholewheat or soba noodles
Combine the sauce ingredients together and marinate the tofu in it whilst preparing the rest of the ingredients.
Leave the broccoli whole and stir fry in sesame oil with the sliced mushrooms for at lest 5 minutes until it begins to soften.
Sprinkle in the sesame seeds and add the tofu for a few minutes then pour in the marinade / sauce.
Cook through until the broccoli is tender. Serve on noodles and garnish with coriander.