When it comes to Friday The Man and I are ready to start the weekend, traditionally with something spicy and a glass (or two) of wine.
Asian food offers so much inspiration for vegetarian and vegan dishes and these nut koftas are a perfect meat-free alternative served with a spicy curry and chapatis.
- 1 x onion, finely chopped
- 2 x garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 x tsp cumin
- 1 x tsp coriander
- 225g mixed nuts (I used unsalted hazelnuts, cashews and walnuts)
- Few mint leaves
- Small handful coriander, chopped
- 2 x eggs
- 50g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
Fry the onion in olive oil until soft. Add the garlic, spices and chilli and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
Chop the nuts in a food processor. Combine with the onion and spices, herbs, breadcrumbs and beaten egg.
Shape into balls, roughly the size of a golf ball, place on a lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
Serve with chana masala and chapattis.