Following our most recent visit to super noodle chain, Wagamama, I’ve been inspired. I’m liking noodle dishes this week: firstly, they’re tasty and secondly they’re quick. There’s been even more rushing around this week than usual so these stir-fry and noodle dishes are ideal.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 x carrot, peeled and sliced into fine matchsticks
- 1cm piece of ginger, peeled and sliced into fine matchsticks
- 1 x garlic clove, crushed
- Small bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 x red pepper, sliced into fine strips
- Handful of edamame beans
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x red chilli
- Handful of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 x litre veg stock
- 1 x tsp peanut butter
- 2 x tsp garam masala
- 200g tofu, cut into 1cm cubes, marinated in a good squirt of Sriracha hot chilli sauce
- 6 x nests wholewheat noodles, cooked according to pack instructions
Stir fry the carrot, spring onions, ginger, red pepper, chilli and edamame beans with the garlic until cooked but still crunchy.
Spoon on top of the cooked noodles.
Stir-fry the mushrooms seperately and arrange on the top of the noodle dish.
Add the garam masala and peanut butter to the veg stock, mix well and pour over the noodles and veg.
Stir-fry the tofu and sauce until cooked through and top the noodles with it. Garnish with chopped coriander, season with soy sauce and serve.